Learn Raga Durga in Western Notation.
Raag Description: This is a very popular nocturnal melody which is also very sweet to listen to. रे रे म रे ; , ध , ध सा clarifies the Raag format. Though originally from South Indian Classical Music, this Raag is equally suitable for Hindustani Classical Music style. Khayals and Bandishen and very nicely composed and people practically sway and dance to the melodic compositions. Pancham should not be a resting note in Avroh.
Gandhar and Nishad Varjya. Rest all Shuddha Swaras.
औढव - औढव (Pentatonic - Pentatonic)
बिलावल (C, D, E, F, G, A, B, C')
आरोह (Ascending) :
सा रे म प ध सा' (C D F G A C')
अवरोह (Descending ):
सा' ध प म रे सा (C' A G F D C )
वादी (Sonant) -- मध्यम (F)
संवादी (Consonant) – षड्ज (C)
पकड (Group of Notes)
सा ध प म ध म रे सा
C A F G A F D C
Moods: soothing atmosphere which is neither very deep nor very playful.
Time : Midnight
Raag Durga Based Hindi Movie Songs
- Chanda Re Mori Patiya Le Ja – Banjaarin
- Door Desh Ka – Jawab
- Geet Gaya Pattharon Ne – Title
- Hum Intezaar Karenge - Bahu Begum
- Jaane Wale O Mere - Geet Gaya Pattharon Ne
- Khet Ko Mooli Baag - Achhuut Kanya
- Sason Ke Taar Par - Geet Gaya Pattharon Ne
- Tu Is Tarah Se Meri - Aap Toh Aise Na The